#5 | Record original composition(s) in a professional studio. CHECK!
Today I got to check item #5 off my bucket list. It was my first time recording at a profession studio. I decided to record “Your Instrument”, a song I wrote in the beginning of 2010. Oh, so long ago! Henry (the guy wearing white in the last photo) and I went to the same high school and were in Camerata together. He recently contacted me and we decided to work together on a project. This was the first part; the second part is going to be a surprise for now.
Here are some of the words from the 2nd verse of the song:
In every measure of my life, I need you in it; never staccato but sustained. You are the tie that holds my rhythm in place, away from the influence of this world. May You be heard in every note, in every word; glory be to Your name. Take this song, take this prayer, take my life. Make me Your instrument, Lord.
Beach day in Panama City, FL [click on photos for captions]
Things that make me smile:
- Playing Lowrey, an old and dusty, but still-so-full-of-soul piano for half an hour at an antique surplus store
- Celebrating Mother’s birthday
- Journals galore at the Barnes and Noble’s journal section. They have an entire wall full of journals!
- Going on a mental/visual vacation to Italy at the Barnes and Noble’s kiddie section…something I used to do several years ago
- A quill and a musician’s notebook for calligraphy and songwriting.
- Shopping for organic fruits to use for juicing
- Getting creative and saving money by using Lowe’s free paint palettes as white balance cards for photography. Plus! A new book purchased at Barnes, the StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath.
- Finally getting a candid shot of my dad laughing :)
Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful fall Sunday. The cool September breeze enveloped just about anyone who was outside. It was also the perfect day for my mom to celebrate her birthday. Happy Birthday, Mother! :) The moment I stepped out of the house I knew I would spend most of the day outside.I simply couldn’t stay away from the music of the serenading birds and the gentle hugs of the breeze. Here are a few pictures I took yesterday. Welcome, September! Welcome, cool weather! :)
What fun memories did you get to make yesterday? Care to share some of the highlights from your Sunday?
Ernest + Zyndee | An Afternoon in Chattanooga
Keilana Avia, five days old
Last weekend my family went to Panama City Beach for an extended Father’s Day celebration. These pictures were taken Sunday afternoon right after we arrived. I was on the phone with Julie (my beach buddy) right before sunset…describing the beach to her. Blue water. Perfect breeze. Beautiful waves. I’m thankful for phones that make it possible to share precious moments with distant friends and family. Discovery of the day: there’s nothing quite like reading your Bible a few feet away from the beach! The beach is officially one of my favorite places for devotionals. :)
Photos from an afternoon at the park with Kaye
It is officially movie night! Watching my new collection of Christian Berdahl DVDs with family tonight. Looking forward to sharing and re-watching this with the youth and earliteens from church.
My favorite moment from this Sabbath. Holding little Miss (teething and cuddly) Eden, the happiest little girl in town.
Highlights of my memorable weekend in Florida
Sometimes happiness is a reserved seat on the grass during a sunny autumn day. :)